Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

ABC Wednesday, P is for Pepper Jelly Festival

The letter "P" is featured over at ABC Wednesday today, and I bet this is the ONLY blog about the Pepper Jelly Festival in Thomaston, Alabama! 

 The festival was held last weekend at the old Marengo High School. Not only could you buy pepper jelly at the Rural Heritage Center, but music included the Sucarnochee Revue. There were Thomaston barbecue, a domino competition and crafts. Kids had fun making arrowheads the way that Native Americans once did. And little ones enjoyed climbing on the brick base of the flagpole. 






Posted at ABC Wednesday

9 comments:

  1. well so far you're right; haven't seen another pepper jelly festival post!

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pepper jelly as in from Bell peppers? Never thought that they could be made for jellies. Nice post. Would love you to visit my ABC Wednesday page here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! It's really good with cream cheese and crackers as a snack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend makes jalapeno pepper jelly. It is fabulous with cream cheese on crackers. But I've never heard of dedicating an entire festival to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't see any other Pepper Festival entries either! Thank heavens you are keeping us up to date!
    Donna - ABC Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Dad always loved his pepper jelly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do I love pepper jelly....ummmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having a mother from Alabama I grew up on pepper jelly. But, I did not know there was a festival. But, there is a festival for almost everything in this country so I shouldn't have been surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute pictures...looks like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete