Search This Blog

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Camera Critters, Fox Squirrel Scamper

We don't see fox squirrels that often, so catching this one on camera adds a new critter to the portrait collection!


He stopped atop the fencepost just long enough to play statue. 


 Then, he turned to pose.


...and up the tree he scampers!

Fox squirrels are said to be the most colorful tree squirrels in the world, and look at that tail...like a red fox!

You can see more photos of creatures great and small at the Camera Critters Meme, hosted by Misty Dawn.

9 comments:

  1. Great photos!

    We have about 11 trees in our front yard and the squirrels love them. It's hard for me to get photos of them, they jump from one to the other so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't think I have ever seen one. Next time I'm Alabama, visiting my daughther, I will have to keep my eye out for one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I've never heard of fox squirrels. Looks like he jumped straight up off the post. Great photos.

    Kay
    Alberta, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great captures! I love squirrels and they're great for photographing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to your post because the truth is, I didn't know that there such thing as fox squirrel, he's quick but i think you're a lot quicker to capture him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's a great sequence! I've seen quite a few squirrel species but I think I've never heard of this before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad y'all like the fox squirrel series. I've never seen one in town before, but occasionally we see them in the country. They are really big critters, and with that bushy red tail, they aren't easy to miss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. interesting! Never heard of this kidn of squirrel. Our swedish one is only red. Nice to see. :)

    ReplyDelete